"Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death."
Very true statement. I've been thinking about that a lot lately. In my lifetime and the lives I've those around me, I've seen how much fear and insecurity can creep into your head and heart during times of trial.
I watch the news and see all the death and destruction and general anger all around. I've watched people's anger at recent trial results in the news. I've watched the economy turn normally calm people into those with paranoia.
Now our life is pretty good. We struggle just like anyone else with finances (comes with the territory in this economy when you own your own business). We have had to learn to compartmentalize the stress. But when it comes to doubt, you really do have to rely on faith to make it through life.
Faith in yourself. Faith in those you love and trust. And most important to me, faith in my Heavenly Father and our elder brother, Jesus Christ. It is my faith that sustains me. I've often heard the phrase, "Work like everything depends on you but pray like everything depends on Him." And that's what I try to do. I know that any complications or setbacks I may have in my life are only temporary. I know that in the end, all things will be worked out as long as I'm working towards my goals. So when I read the quote at the beginning of this post, it really struck a chord for me.
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! :)
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Love this quote such a great reminder;)
Post a Comment