I never really understood the concept of being able to find "joy and rejoicing" in your posterity. When I looked at people with their children, as cute as they may be, I saw more of the work than the joy. Now, after many years, tears and triumph, I get it. The joy comes in the little, every-day moments that you experience with your children. Then there's the feeling of loving a child so much you could literally squeeze them to death.
Tonight, I had one of those great "every-day" moments. Jeremy had a meeting tonight and then was going to play basketball at the church. So it was just the Bug and I. We were just hanging out. I was watching while he made a tornado-sized mess to the living room, once again. Then he stopped, folded his arms as if ready for prayer and then pointed to the bookshelf at the scriptures. He folded his arms again, so I followed his cue and we had our prayer. Then I pulled out the scriptures, he hopped up in my lap, and we did our family scripture study (the study must go on even when dad is not home).
It was a sweet moment (even with the short attention span once we started reading) that I am grateful for. It was further proof to me that kids get it, no matter how young they may be! I am so grateful for tender moments like that which help me put my daily stresses in perspective!
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Savor those moments as they pass much to quickly;)
Post a Comment