![]() |
| Do women usually have more than one? |
Sometimes through the process, you can run into funny things. Mine, through this last year of infertility issues has come through the pharmacy.
It started a few months ago. As part of the process of getting and staying pregnant, someone doing a drug-aided fertility cycle has to insert capsule-type pills into your hoo hoo each night before bed, starting 4 days after your fertility monitor says that you're having an LH surge (or ovulating for the lay-folk) and continuing through the first tri-mester. Well, when we started this baby quest 6 months ago, my regular OB/GYN gave me a prescription for a 30 day supply. When I picked up my Rx it was only 4 pills. I didn't open the bag until I got home and realized the discrepancy. I didn't find it too strange because I'd had instances where a Rx was only partially filled because they had run out of supplies so I called in the refill and waited to pick them up to see if there was a problem. Again, I only got 4 pills. I called the doctor's office, explained the dilemma and they said they'd call to fix it. The PA called me to tell me she'd called the pharmacist and straightened it out. He called me 10 minutes later and asked me how many pills were in a 30 day supply. I said, "Well, they're supposed to be used 1 a day." To which he replied, "So how many for a 30 day supply?" WHAT?!?!? Well, it got fixed and I went on my merry way.
You'd think I'd have changed pharmacies, but it's so close and there's a drive through window.
Now jump ahead to today. We're back at South Eastern Fertility Clinic again now since the 6 months with the OB/GYN were not successful. This is the same clinic that helped us get Jayden. When meeting with my coordinator yesterday, I told her of the debacle with the pharmacy with this same medication before. She said she's make sure they had it right when she called it in that morning. Today we picked up the prescription (pictured above).
I didn't realize I was supposed to have more than one. Maybe that's why we've had such a hard time conceiving on our own...






3 comments:
Hum, maybe they are checking the drugs for potency before filling the prescripts.
Hey guys!! Kel, I totally saw this on your fb status and had to look at your blog to get the whole scoop! OMGosh that is hilarious. I had to take that same hormone, but luckily my directions didn't say that!!! I hope everything works and baby #2 will be on it's way soon!!!
Infertility stinks! Good luck to you both. Hope that perscription works. :)
Post a Comment